This project is read-only.

Vista Ultimate 32bit - Crash

Sep 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Running the program under administrator command prompt getting the following :

C:\temp>BackupWireless.exe
This application saves and restores wireless network profiles, found of your computer.

To store and backup wireless network profiles, run BackupWireless.exe
To restore saved wireless network profiles, run RestoreWireless.wnb

2008, Tamir Khason
For more information, visit my blog at http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/tamir/
Please wait while saving wireless networks, found on your computer...
[                ]
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\temp\Wireless Network Connection-SIEMENS-6
0.xml'.
File name: 'C:\temp\Wireless Network Connection-SIEMENS-60.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShar
e share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
   at WirelessMigrator.Program.SaveOne(String name)
   at WirelessMigrator.Program.SaveThem(List`1 lans)
   at WirelessMigrator.Program.Main(String[] args)

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I downloaded the code and started debugging it, here are my findings :
the export profile command doesn't creates the expected file name. The command is :

C:\Users\Noam\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WirelessMigrator\WirelessMigrator\bin\Debug>wlan export profile name="SIEMENS-608CEC" Folder="C:\Users\Noam\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WirelessMigrator\WirelessMigrator\bin\Debug"

and the created file name is "Wireless Network Connection.xml" and not "Wireless Network Connection-SIEMENS-608CEC.xml" as expected by the code.

I did changed the name of the connection as I have multiple of them and I need to identify them easly.

Is there any undocumented limitation on "netsh" file name creation that limit the length of it ?